It’s time to sweep away the fat after Thanksgiving! Firefighter Tim taught us some easy exercises you can do with your broomstick.
Today is National Pepperoni Pizza Day! Firefighter Tim stopped by to give us two new twists on this classic meal!
He showed us how to make a Grilled Pepperoni Cheese Pizza sandwich and a Rigatoni Pepperoni Pizza Bake. Watch the videos above and below for the full tutorials.
You don’t have to wait until after work to get your workout in! Firefighter Tim joined us today to share 15 great exercises that can easily be done in the office. He says getting up and getting some good movement in throughout your work day can help both your physical and mental health.
1: Tricep dips
2: desk push-ups
3: Chair squats
4: Standing rear squeeze
5: Calf Raise
7: Wall sit
8: Seated bike crunch
9: Neck roll
10: Chest stretch
11: Trap squeeze
12: Knee Chest stretch
13: tricep stretch
14: stand and reach
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the tragedy that changed our lives forever. We remember the countless acts of bravery, sacrifice, humanity, and patriotism that followed the devastation.
Tim Griffin of the Carmel Fire Department joined us to share about the upcoming 9/11 Ceremony of Remembrance at the Carmel Clay Veterans Memorial.
He invites you to join us in honoring our fallen brothers and sisters who lost their lives from the 9/11 terrorist attacks against the United States.
He says, now more than ever, it is important that we remember the way we as a nation in the days, weeks and months following those horrific attacks, came together as a country.
September 11, 2021
Carmel Clay Veterans Memorial
768 3rd Ave SW
Carmel, IN 46032
Program starts promptly at 8:46am
Carmel Farmer’s Market will be paused so all vendors and market-goers can join.
He wears MULTIPLE hats and being a firefighter is just ONE of them! You may see him on Indy Style cooking, co-hosting or even showing you a new workout, but today, he’s joining Amber in the podcast room! Tim chats about being a dad to FIVE girls, the close relationship he has with his family and what he wishes he DIDN’T remember during a colonoscopy!
Today is National Banana Bread Day, and Tim Griffin, Carmel Firefighter, joined us with recipes for both Banana Bread and a Banana Cake recipe from his wife’s grandmother.
Cinnamon Crumb Banana Bread
- 3 medium or large bananas
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, cold
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease two 8×4 pans.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and beat until mixed.
- To the wet ingredients, sift in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir until just combined. Add in sour cream and stir.
- Pour in mashed bananas, and mix until combined.
- Combine cinnamon, flour, and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter, and mix until the topping looks like coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle coating evenly over the batter in both pans.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs stuck to it.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Move to a wire cooling rack.
Slice and enjoy!
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 and 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup nuts, if desired
- Beat egg whites until frosty.
- Gradually beat in 1/3 cup sugar until very stiff and glossy.
- Sift remaining sugar, flour, powder, salt, soda into another bowl.
- Add oil, mashed banana, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Beat 1 minute.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.