It’s the event racers and fans have been waiting for all season. The Dodge//SRT NHRA U.S. Nationals begin Wednesday, September 1. This is the biggest, the longest and the most historic event on the NHRA tour. NHRA drivers from all walks of life will race their way to Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis for their chance to win a prestigious NHRA U.S. Nationals Wally. From Super Gas to Top Fuel, a win at the NHRA U.S. Nationals means just a little bit more to any driver.
Krista Baldwin, NHR Racer joined us today to talk about the big race and her family’s racing legacy.
Facts about Krista:
- NHRA’s only third-generation Top Fuel Driver
- Grandfather is Chris Karamesines, Father is Bobby Baldwin
- Creative Director for McLeod Racing, FTI Performance
- Hobbies: Racing, Yoga, Traveling, Reading, Eating
- General Manager for Paul Lee Racing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations and a Minor in Photography from Northern Arizona University
- Got her start at age 18 in a 7-second front engine dragster
- Owned A/Fuel dragster operation
- Named Best of Drag Illustrated’s 30 Under 30
- Won the SEMA Businesswomen’s Network Athena Rising star award in 2017
For more information, click here.