As families get ready for the holidays, it’s important to be mindful of your furnace and thermostat so you can best prepare before your company arrives.
Renee Lucas of LCS Heating and Cooling joined us today with a few tips to make sure your home is at a comfortable temperature for you and your guests.
1. Turn the thermostat down a few hours before cooking and arrivals.
- Cooking will naturally warm the house.
- Lots of people will warm the house.
- Crack the oven door to release heat but don’t forget to shut it!
2. If it gets warm in the house, do not turn on the a/c.
- Running the a/c when it’s cold outside can cause damage to the compressor.
- Open windows and turn on fans instead.
3. Have the furnace serviced before large gatherings.
- There’s nothing worse than a breakdown during a gathering. Change filter and have maintenance completed beforehand.
- If you the furnace doesn’t seem like it’s working right or is making a funny noise- get it serviced. It won’t fix itself or just go away.
THIS SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY LCS HEATING & COOLING.