Tickets are now on sale for the 30th Anniversary of the Heartland International Film Festival!
Patty Spitler of Great Day TV joined us today along with, Greg Sorvig, artistic director of Heartland Film, to share what you can expect from the festival. Here’s more from them:
This is truly a breakthrough year as this is one of the first festivals in the world to showcase these award contenders.
Heartland Film has announced a star-studded lineup of Event titles and 128 feature films – 10 World Premieres and 9 U.S, Premieres – for the 30th Anniversary of the Heartland Film International Film Festival (HIFF), running October 7 – 17.
In-theater screenings will be hosted at Kan-Kan Cinema & Brasserie, Living Room Theaters, Historic Artcraft Theatre, Newfields, and the Indianapolis Arts Center (outdoor picnic-style). All film selections will have in-person screenings and many of the films will also be available to view virtually.
“After three decades, the Heartland International Film Festival has cemented itself as a major awards season stop while continuing to showcase impactful independent features from around the world,” said Heartland Film Artistic Director Greg Sorvig. “Our team has worked hard to curate a program for this special milestone, and the caliber and variety of these titles will thrill both new and long-time attendees.”
Hybrid Fest Passes and Ticket Packs are available.
Every one of our fourteen Event films has either premiered at Venice, Telluride or the Toronto Film Festival. (In past years we might have 2-3 Event films compared to 14 this year!)
Telluride is one of the top festivals in the world and we have about a quarter of the films from their lineup which really speaks how our festival is growing in prominence. Indy has a lot to look forward to for our 30th Anniversary!
Highlighting some Event titles:
- Anniversary Gala Screening featuring Director Reinaldo Marcus Green’s “King Richard” (Warner Bros. Pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKP_0z52ZAw
- Feature Event featuring Director Pablo Larraín’s “Spencer” (NEON) Trailer: https://youtu.be/Lagauhb5GyY
- Silver Screen Event featuring Director Mike Mills’ “C’mon C’mon” (A24) Trailer: https://youtu.be/7mzushAOM88
- Marquee Event featuring Director Wes Anderson’s “The French Dispatch” (Searchlight Pictures) Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcPk2p0Zaw4
- Celebration Event featuring Director Kenneth Branagh’s “Belfast” (Focus Features) Trailer: https://youtu.be/Ja3PPOnJQ2k
Tickets, film lineup and schedule are available at HeartlandFilmFestival.org.