Carmel company forms medical advisory board
CARMEL, Ind. (Inside INdiana Business) — Carmel-based FAST BioMedical has created a medical advisory board designed to provide expertise in the fight against heart failure. The medical technology company says the Heart Failure Medical Advisory Board is comprised of world-recognized physicians, nurses and researchers who bring decades of experience in heart failure and cardiovascular patient care.
Joe Muldoon, chief executive officer of FAST BioMedical, says the board will enhance the company’s ability to pinpoint the needs doctors and nurses face when caring for heart failure patients.
“Our first-in-class technology is being developed to offer a direct, dynamic, serial measurement of volume status and kidney function,” said Muldoon. “This can potentially give a much clearer clinical picture to guide therapy, and this board is the next step in making that a reality.”
Steven Zelenkofske, chief medical officer of Pennsylvania-based SwanBio Therapeutics, will serve as chairman of the medical advisory board.
“Heart failure is a common diagnosis, but it comes with a common challenge: accurately assessing patients’ fluid status to determine treatment. FAST BioMedical’s technology could be transformative in this space,” said Zelenkofske. “It’s an honor to not only join the Heart Failure Advisory Board, but to also be appointed its chairman, to provide expertise and guidance to the team and usher in new developments through clinical trials.”
The other members of the Heart Failure Medical Advisory Board include:
- Javed Butler – Chair in Cardiovascular Research, Professor and Chairman in the Department of Medicine, and Professor of Physiology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
- Stefan Anker – Professor of (Tissue) Homeostasis in Cardiology & Metabolism at Charité University in Berlin
- Veselin Mitrovic – Professor of Cardiology at the Johann-Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt-on-Main, Germany, and Medical Director of Kerckhoff-Klinik Forschungsgesellschaft mbH in Germany.
- Frank Peacock – Professor of Emergency Medicine and Vice Chair for Research in the Emergency Medicine department at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Nancy Albert – Associate Chief Nursing Officer, Nursing Institute at the Office of Nursing Research and Innovation in the Cleveland Clinic Health System and Clinical Nurse Specialist at the George M. and Linda H. Kaufman Center for Heart Failure, Heart, Vascular and Thoracic Institute at the Cleveland Clinic.
FAST BioMedical says the board members have contributed to a total of more than 1,300 peer-reviewed publications.