Certain cans of Gerber Good Start formula recalled due to possible bacteria
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Certain cans of Gerber Good Start baby formula have been recalled by the manufacturer because of possible bacterial contamination.
Perrigo Company says the voluntary recall covers specific lots of Gerber Good Start SoothePro TM Powdered Infant Formula that were made at the company’s facility in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, between Jan. 2 and Jan. 18, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said.
The formula could be tainted with Cronobacter sakazakii, a bacteria commonly found in the environment.
The FDA says it has received no reports of illness caused by infants who were fed the formula. No other products are included in the recall.
Cronobacter sakazakii can cause fever, poor feeding, excessive crying, and other symptoms in premature babies and infants under the age of 2 months with weakened immune systems.
The recalled formula was sold at stores across the U.S. and anyone who purchased the product after March 5 should look for the following lot codes use-by dates on the bottom of the package:
Gerber® Good Start® SootheProTM 12.4 oz:
- 300357651Z – USE BY 04JUL2024
- 300457651Z – USE BY 05JUL2024
- 300557651Z – USE BY 06JUL2024
- 300557652Z – USE BY 06JUL2024
- 300757651Z – USE BY 08JUL2024
- 300857651Z – USE BY 09JUL2024
- 301057651Z – USE BY 11JUL2024
- 301057652Z – USE BY 11JUL2024
- 301157651Z – USE BY 12JUL2024
Gerber® Good Start® SootheProTM 30.6 oz:
- 301357652Z – USE BY 14JUL2024
- 301457652Z – USE BY 15JUL2024
- 301557651Z – USE BY 16JUL2024
Gerber Good® Start® SootheProTM 19.4 oz:
- 301557652Z – USE BY 16JUL2024I
Customers can request a refund by contacting the Gerber Parent Resource Center at 1-800-777-7690.