Find your Health FREEDOM with Chef Audrey!
In our kitchen today, Audrey Barron, Ezra’s Enlightened Cafe, teaches us how to eliminate processed foods from our pantries, all in the name of our immune health, which = more energy and going to the doctor less! Audrey says:
1 in 2 children in the U.S. has a chronic illness. Asthma, autism, Alzheimer’s, cancer and infertility rates continue to rise. Meanwhile, our exposure to chemicals like Glyphosate on our food has increased approximately 500% since the 90’s.
Food and the way it is grown directly affects our health. It’s not a secret, but somehow, we continue to treat our food and ourselves in a way that is detrimental to our health and the planet. The good news is that people are waking up to why food grown organically and not sprayed with chemicals is better for our health. It’s now easier than ever to find organic food at your local grocer or farmers market. And you can be sure when you eat at Ezra’s Café, we are using only the most quality ingredients, always NON-GMO and almost 100% organic, even including our oils and spices.
So, how can we get out of this cycle of sickness?! One of the first steps is to take control of what you are eating by slowly eliminating processed food and bringing the art of cooking and preparing food back into our lives.
When we are involved in preparing our own food from scratch, we have control over the ingredients and this is where we can find our health FREEDOM.
Folks who start to free themselves from the grips of processed food often experience better sleep, weight loss, more energy, more mental clarity, less sickness and over all a higher quality of life. This translates even further into less time off work, less time getting over sickness, less money spent on doctors and medicine and more time on building the life you desire.
So, we’ll start small with two simple recipes that delight the taste buds and also provide a plethora of nutrients and minerals to fuel your body, mind and spirit.
Would you like to take a class with me? Check out our class lineup and more about Ezra’s Café
Want to follow me (Chef Audrey) to see what I’m up to at our farm and behind the scenes at the café? Find me at @GaiaChef or www.gaiachef.com.
Wild & Fresh Green Juice
This juice is both sweet and tart – the perfect summer juice that gives you abundant energy and gently cleanses your system
• 1 apple
• 1 peach
• 1 orange, peeled
• 1 large leaf Kale
• handful of wild greens and herbs
• ½ orange
• 1/2 lemon
• Small nob of ginger
1. Run your kale, herbs, ginger and lemon through your juicer first then follow with your orange, apple and peach
2. Enjoy with a peaceful calm heart.
Ginger Mango Raspberry Sorbet
Makes approximately 2 servings
If you are eliminating dairy from your diet or just want a quick sweet healthy treat, this sorbet is a life saver!
• 2 cups frozen mango
• 1 cup frozen raspberries
• 1 teaspoon ginger juice
• 1 teaspoon raw local honey
• Raw honey or maple syrup
• Nuts/seeds of choice
• Chocolate sauce
1. To make your ice cream, you have a few options. My favorite option is to use a slow masticating juicer – like an Omega, Green Star or Champion. Simply putting your frozen fruit through the juicer makes it come out like soft serve.
2. If you don’t have a juicer, you can also use a high speed blender or a food processor to blend your fruit to the point that it’s creamy and icy.
3. Stir in your ginger juice and honey. Simply top your ice cream with whatever you would like – the recommendations above all work great.
Enjoy with someone you love!
To learn more, visit www.ezrasenlightenedcafe.com.