A leather jacket is one of the most essential pieces of clothing a person should own.
Raemia Higgins, Wardrobe Stylist, showcases four ways to wear your favorite leather jacket, as well as tips on how to choose the perfect leather jacket.
– Cozy Cutie: this look is perfect for mom’s/or girls on the go who still want to look chic. Whether your dropping your kids off at school and running errands, or headed to your 8AM lecture on campus, this look is great with sneakers, boots, or pumps. The patent leather puffer coat is the perfect amount of edge, why still maintaining its comfort.
– Office “it” Girl: this look is perfect for the office. The combination of prints and colors will have you as the center of all the office chatter—in a great way. The moto leather jacket is the perfect transitional piece because this jacket can be worn in any season.
– Brunch Babe: the perfect outfit for brunch with the girls. It’s a new year, so what better time than now to start taking risk in your wardrobe. Mixed prints + your fave leather jacket to toss over your shoulders for brunch on Mass Ave. The coated denim jacket is the perfect lightweight alternative to the traditional leather jacket. From afar it appeals to be leather, but you can feel the jacket and know that it is in fact coated denim.
– Girls night Out: you’ve had a week full of to-do’s and are finally ready for the weekend. If you couldn’t make it to brunch but are in some serious need of girlfriend time, this is the look for you. Super ideal for a girls night out filled with dinner, laughs, and great company. What’s even better? This look is just taking your favorite summer dress and adding a little twist—a cropped moto jacket which still allows you to show off your dress and hits at the perfect spot.
3 tips to choosing the perfect leather jacket:
1. Comfort is key- it’s so silly to invest in something that isn’t comfortable. To get the most bang for your buck, make sure your leather jacket of choose is comfy!
2. Affordable- there are so many options for leather jackets out there that you don’t want to be confined to just one. Don’t break the bank and then be restricted with how often you can wear it.
3. Versatility- in fashion in general, having a piece that can be worn several different ways is a great find. Opt for a jacket that has a removable fur hood/collar for the colder months, and then remove it for those cool summer nights.
Website: raemiahiggins.com / Instagram: @raemia_higgins