USI details new strategic plan
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (Inside INdiana Business) — The University of Southern Indiana Board of Trustees has approved a new university strategic plan for 2021-2025. USI says the plan centers around four primary goals: improve student success, foster impactful engagement, elevate visibility and reputation, and strengthen financial viability.
Accelerating Impact: USI’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 was developed during a period of review and research, which the university says included feedback from more than 2,600 students, employees, retirees and alumni.
“When we started the process of creating USI’s third strategic plan, I wanted to emphasize engaging our entire campus community, learning from prior plans, recognizing current financial realities and building measurable indicators,” USI President Dr. Ronald Rochon said in a news release. “Accelerating Impact is a roadmap that will help USI advance toward its vision: to be a recognized leader in higher education, boldly shaping the future and transforming the lives of our students through exceptional learning and intentional innovation.”
USI says each of the four primary goals has measurable objectives. Some of the objectives include:
Improve Student Success
- Increase retention and graduation rates of first-time, full-time students.
- Increase retention and graduation rates of at-risk and underrepresented students by 5% by 2025.
- Increase the number of transfer students and adult learners (students older than 25 years of age at the time of graduation) completing degrees 5% by 2025
Foster Impactful Engagement
- Increase the number of partnerships with for-profit, non-profit, and government organizations 20% by 2025
- Increase volunteer hours for employees and students 20% by 2025
Elevate Visibility and Reputation
- Increase public awareness of the University and its academic distinctiveness as measured by an annual 3% improvement in a composite brand awareness index
- Increase students listing USI as their first choice 10% by 2025
Strengthen Financial Viability
- Increase credit hour production to 236,000 by 2025, with an intermediate target of 225,000 by Fall 2022
- Increase fundraising by $350,000 annually through 2025
You can learn more about the strategic plan and more of the identified objectives by clicking here.