10 Indiana schools named 2022 National Blue Ribbon Schools
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Ten Indiana schools were recognized Friday as 2022 National Blue Ribbon Schools by U.S. Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona.
“The recognition is based on a school’s overall academic performance or progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups,” the Department of Education said in a statement.
The Indiana schools named National Blue Ribbon Schools were:
- Brownsburg: Eagle Elementary School
- Dale: David Turnham Education Center
- Fort Wayne: Fred H. Croninger Elementary School
- Indianapolis: Cathedral High School
- Indianapolis: Christ the King Catholic School
- Kokomo: Northwestern Senior High School
- Munster: James B. Eads Elementary School
- Plainfield: Brentwood Elementary School
- Valparaiso: Central Elementary School
- Valparaiso: Saint Paul Catholic School
“Blue Ribbon Schools have gone above and beyond to keep students healthy and safe while meeting their academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs,” Secretary Cardona said. “These schools show what is possible to make an enduring, positive difference in students’ lives.”
Eligible schools can be public or non-public and must demonstrate excellence in academics, arts, and athletics. They must have been in existence for at least five years and cannot have received the award within the past five years.
Since its founding in 1982, the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program has distributed 10,000 awards to more than 9,000 schools across the country.