Enjoy live music, karaoke, fun activities, food, and a whole lot more at this weekend’s carnival at Morristown Community Park, benefiting the Morristown Indiana Boys & Girls Club.
Scott Spahr, Director, previews the second annual event for the organization.
The Morristown Indiana Boys & Girls Club was started in 2002 and has grown in size each year. The organization has over 300 members that enjoy before, after and pre-school programs, along with a sports program inside Morristown Elementary School!
Singer/songwriter Dylan Schneider’s show is on Friday, May 18th at Morristown Community Park at 6 p.m., and performed his songs “How Does It Sound” and “Wannabe” on Indy Style ahead of the event.
After the release of the debut EP, Wannabe, in August 2016, Schneider’s follow up EP, 17, was released in October of the same year, landing at #3 on the iTunes Country Album Charts. In February 2017, he premiered the music video for his song “You Heard Wrong” with major music outlet Billboard, who called him “country music’s next rising star.”
Schneider released his latest EP, Spotlight’s On You, in April 2017, and the five-song album hit the #1 spot on the iTunes Country Album Charts. He spent the summer on the road, selling out dates on his own headlining tour, and released “How Does It Sound” in July 2017, which has already accumulated over 6 million streams on Spotify.
This past November, Schneider signed with Interscope Records as the label’s first direct country signing – coinciding with the release of his new single, “No Problem.”
Find out more about Schneider at www.dylanschneidermusic.com.
2018 Carnival Schedule:
Friday, May 18:
– Fairway opens at 5:00 p.m. – closes at 10:00 p.m.
– Colton Chapman performs on the main stage at 6:00 p.m., followed by Dylan Schneider at 7:00 p.m.
– Entry to the park is $10.00 for adults 13 and up; kids 12 and under are free with paid adult (does NOT include admission to rides)
Saturday, May 19
– Fairway opens at 11:00 a.m.
– Tractor ride starts at 11:00 am from Morristown Elementary School
– Flip for Fun’s cheer team and gymnasts will do an exhibition at 12:00 p.m. on the main stage
– The Bands OGR and Strange Brew will rock out the stage OGR performs on the main stage at 5:00 p.m., followed by Strange Brew
– Entry to park is $5.00 for ages 13 and up, kids 12 and under are free with paid adult (does NOT include admission to rides)
Sunday, May 20th
– Fairway opens at 11:00 a.m. – closes at 5:00 p.m.
– Infamous Few Charity ride at 11:00 a.m. from Morristown Elementary School
– Car show – registration is from 2:00 -3:30 p.m., judging at 4:30 p.m., and awards following the judging ($10 vehicle entry fee)
– Karaoke on stage starts at 1:00 p.m (contest for all age groups)
– Entry is $1.00 (does NOT include admission to rides)
Go to www.bgcmorristown.org for more.