Make your home page

Westield family credits their German Shepard after house fire

WESTFIELD, Ind. (WISH) – Officials with the Westfield Fire Department say a family is crediting their German Shepard, Zeus, for saving them when their home caught fire.

The fire happened Sunday night in the 400-block of Sonhatsett Drive.

Fire crews say fire broke out after a gas grill was left on in the backyard.

The family, who was sleeping when the fire started, says their dog woke them up and they all made it out of the home safely.

The fire caused $70,000 in damage.