Center for Leadership Development: Offering hope and making an impact on African American youth in Central Indiana
Empower. Strengthen. Inspire. It’s a simple message that the Center for Leadership Development hopes African America youth in Central Indiana will grab onto. Coming up next month, the center will hold a college prep conference and college fair, to help youth overcome challenges by helping them to develop strong character and academic rigor.
Here are the event details!
• August 22, 2015 8:00AM-4:30PM
• Indiana Convention Center, Sagamore Ballroom
• Cost: $15 or $10 for groups of 10 or more (students and parents)
• Over 1,000 students, parents and mentors from throughout Indiana and the surrounding states expected to attend
• NCAA will Be present to speak to student athletes
• Breakfast and lunch will be provided
• 21st Century scholars encouraged to attend to meet scholarship requirements
• Keynote Speaker: Brian Dinkins
• Register online at www.cldinc.org MUST REGISTER TO ATTEND
Here are a few important facts about the Center for Leadership Development:
• CLD has answers and helps African American youth in Central Indiana to overcome challenges, by helping them to develop strong character and academic rigor
• 15 values-based curriculum programs and initiatives that service 4th graders through college seniors
• Nearly 3,000 students and parents served in 2014
• Students from nearly 250 schools represented in 2014
• Over 30, 000 CLD Alumni since inception (including Lori Wilson, CLD ’90)
• CLD and CLD College Partners awarded $2.9 million in scholarships in 2015
Theme: CLD: Offering hope and making impact on African American youth in Central Indiana.
Follow the Center for Leadership Development on Twitter at @cldincorg.
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY CENTER FOR LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT