The Produce Mom: How to make Cauliflower Crust Pizza
The Produce Mom walks us through the sweet world of Snacking Tomatoes and has a healthy take on pizza crust.
Know your snacking tomatoes
- Tomatoes are ALWAYS in season
- America’s 3 most popular snacking tohttps://lintvwish.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/pm-pizza-cu.jpg?w=300matoes are the Glory, Cherub & Sunbursts
NatureSweet® Glorys™ Breakfast Tacos
Course Type: Breakfast
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Short Summary: A great way to add yummy tomatoes to breakfast
• 6 eggs
• ¼ cup milk
• ½ package NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes, quartered
• ½ tablespoon butter
• ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
• 5 green onions, sliced thin
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 4medium flour tortillas, warmed
• Salsa to garnish (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in tomatoes.
2. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When butter melts and bubbles, add eggs. Let eggs sit until edges cook, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir constantly.
3. When eggs begin to hold together but are still runny, add cheese and onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until eggs set.
4. Serve eggs in warm tortillas. Garnish with salsa.
NatureSweet® Cherubs® Caprese Salad
Course Type: Appetizer or Lunch
Short Summary: A deliciously easy Caprese salad
• 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• 1 package NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes
• ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
• ½ cup miniature mozzarella balls
1. Combine white wine vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
2. Add tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and miniature mozzarella balls.
3. Toss to combine.NatureSweet® SunBursts™ & Hummus
Course Type: Snack
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Short Summary: A tasty, healthy snack in no time
1 package of NatureSweet® SunBursts™ tomatoes
Hummus of your choice
• Rinse & dry tomatoes and place in a bowl
• Spoon hummus in a serving bowl
• Dip, eat and repeat!
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUSTIngredients
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Italian cheese (I like Parmesan!)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper, to taste
1. Run raw cauliflower through your juicer, you will have a very dry & fine pulp which is the base of your crust. It should look similar to the pictures below.
2. Mix Cauliflower pulp with remaining ingredients
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Press crust mixture onto parchment & shape into a pizza round.
4. Bake at 450 degrees until lightly browned, approximately 15 minutes
5. Remove from oven & top your cauliflower crust with traditional pizza toppings. Reduce heat to 400 & bake pizza to desired doneness, usually 10-20 minutes.
For more great ideas and recipes visit The Produce Mom at www.theproducemom.com
TWITTER = @NStomatoes and @TheProduceMom
TWITTER = @EarthboundFarm and @TheProduceMom