INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Apple fries with pumpkin pie dip is a delicious, healthy snack easy to make with kids and encompasses all the flavors of the season!
- 2 apples, sliced into fry-type wedges
- 1/2 cup superfine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons sweetener, such as monk fruit or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- Preheat oven to 400º. Mix together almond flour, sweetener, cinnamon and salt. Sprinkle the mixture onto a plate. In a small bowl, toss apple slices with melted ghee.
- Take each apple slice and coat with almond flour mixture, then place coated apples in a single layer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 5-7 minutes until apple fries are toasted.
- For pumpkin pie dip, stir together yogurt, pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin spice and sweetener.
- Remove apple fries and serve warm with pumpkin dip. Enjoy!