INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Here is a recipe for one of Annessa’s favorite family dinners!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 10-12 taco shells
- 2 mandarin oranges, sliced into segments
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 3 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- cayenne pepper
- In a crockpot, add chicken and broth and put on low for 8 hours.
- Using two forks shred chicken and drain broth. Sprinkle chili powder, salt, cumin and cayenne over chicken. Squeeze the mandarin juice over the chicken and toss so everything is evenly coated.
- In a small bowl, toss together all the ingredients for salsa and sprinkle with salt. Add a pinch of cayenne for a little more heat.
- Load up tacos with chicken, and top with salsa and any other toppings desired!
Makes: 10-12 tacos