(Inside INdiana Business) — Ten Indiana-based companies are included on the Forbes list of “America’s Best Midsized Employers” for 2021. The list was created based on surveys of more than 50,000 people working for businesses with at least 1,000 employees.
The people surveyed were asked to rate their employers on a scale of 0-10 for how likely they would recommend their employer to others. They were also asked to nominate businesses other than their own and list companies they would not recommend.
Carmel-based Allied Solutions is the highest-ranked Indiana company on the list at No. 50. It is the only Hoosier company in the top 100.
The full list of Indiana representatives on the list includes:
- Allied Solutions (Carmel) – 50
- Old National Bank (Evansville) – 157
- Allegion US (Carmel) – 210
- 1st Source Bank (South Bend) – 223
- BMWC Constructors (Indianapolis) – 270
- Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance (Indianapolis) – 281
- Calumet Specialty Products Partner (Indianapolis) – 310
- AM General (South Bend) – 324
- Reid Health (Richmond) – 440
- Allison Transmission (Indianapolis) – 470
The list is topped by California-based Fair Isaac, followed by California Institute of Technology, Bowling Green State University in Ohio, St. Louis-based Build-A-Bear Workshop, and Michigan-based Gentex.