INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — The new year is a time to look forward for some people, but it can also feel daunting for those grieving the loss of a loved one.
Beloved celebrities like Betty White, Bob Saget and Sidney Poitier have also passed away recently.
Dr. Danielle Henderson, a clinical psychologist with IU Health, joined Daybreak on Saturday to offer advice on dealing with grief.
Henderson discussed why the new year can be difficult for those who have lost a loved one, how celebrity deaths can impact people’s emotions and ways to practice self-care while grieving.
Click on the video to watch the full interview.
Mental health resources
- NAMI Helpline: 1-800-950-NAMI (6264)
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Be Well Indiana Crisis Helpline: 211
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs mental health webpage