Make your home page

Texas 8-year-old finds parents dead in apparent murder-suicide

PFLUGERVILLE, Texas (KXAN) – Texas police say an 8-year-old boy called 911 Sunday from his home in Pflugerville, saying that his parents were dead. They were identified as La Kiesha Nicole Glass, 39, and Saladin McIntosh, 41.

The child told investigators his parents were fighting Saturday night. His mother asked him to call 911, but the boy says his father stopped him from calling.

“Cops everywhere, I mean tapes, we could barely get in the driveway because they got the back taped off they got the front taped off.”

Troy Brucken describes what he came home to Sunday afternoon, police officers swarming his street. It only took him seconds to realize it was his neighbors two doors down who were involved.

“It’s sad to say, but I knew,” says Brucken.

“We received a 911 phone call from a child who resides in the home, advising that his mom and dad were not moving and there was blood,” explains Lt. Laura Wilkes with the Pflugerville Police Department.

Investigators say it appears McIntosh stabbed Glass several times and then shot himself. When officers arrived to the house, they found Glass lying on the stairwell inside the front door with multiple stab wounds. McIntosh was found later inside a vehicle in the garage with a single gunshot wound. Police believe this was a murder-suicide and that there is no threat to the public.

Some neighbors told police they heard a “pop” sound just between 10:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. Saturday.

Diann Fine lives next door, and says she just spoke to the couple Saturday night.

“(Sal) came over and mowed and edged in the morning,” explains Fine. “So I told him I would make him some chocolate chip cookies.”

But Fine says she’s witnessed Glass getting angry when McIntosh talked to other people.

“She yelled at him continually, anytime he interacted with neighbors she was very upset,” says Fine.

Brucken noticed the arguing too, that ended so violently and left a child alone.

“Lovely little boy. He used to come around and play with our kids. It’s a shame, I mean I’m sorry to see the poor kid have to go through this,” says Brucken.

The 8-year-old boy is in the custody of Child Protective Services waiting for his family to arrive from out of state.