It’s known as THE Instagram-worth fruit… and for good reason!
In our kitchen today, Registered Dietitian Annessa Chumbley shares a few recipes made with Chilean Kiwifruit, which is available in the US from April through October.
– Kiwifruit is one of the most nutritious fruits available, and it is packed full of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
– The easiest way to eat kiwifruit is just to cut it in half and scoop! It’s great for little kids because kiwifruit fits in palm of their hands perfectly; they get a feeling of independence when they can scoop/eat all on their own!
– Kiwifruit is ripe and ready to eat when it yields to slight pressure, like an avocado or a peach. If you want to speed up the ripening process, place the kiwifruit in a tightly sealed brown paper bag with an apple or banana. These fruits will release ethylene gas and speed the ripening process.
Easy Usage Ideas
• Kiwifruit comes in its own bowl! Just cut, scoop, enjoy!
• Cut it in half and enjoy a natural bowl of green goodness
• Blend it into a healthy smoothie
• Freeze kiwifruit into popsicles for a cool treat in the summer
• Toss kiwifruit into fruit or green salads
• Mix kiwifruit into your favorite yogurt parfait
• Freeze Kiwi Slices and Dip them in melted dark chocolate. Freeze again until ready to serve!
• Kiwifruit makes a great meat marinade! That’s right. Green kiwifruit contains a natural enzyme, a natural enzyme unique to kiwifruit — actinidin. The actinidin found in kiwifruit — specifically green-variety kiwifruit — is highly effective in breaking down the protein and connective tissues of meat without turning it into mush.
Easy Kiwi Salsa with Grilled Swordfish or Mahi Mahi
Recipe here: https://fruitsfromchile.com/recipes/?id=7120
Kiwi Mojito Popsicles
Recipe here: https://fruitsfromchile.com/recipes/?id=7129
Strawberry Kiwi Pops
Recipe here: Strawberry-Kiwi Pop – Annessa Chumbley RD
To learn more, visit:
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY ANNESSA CHUMBLEY