Ever wanted to be a CMO? No, not CEO, a CMO… a Chief Margarita Officer. Sounds fun, right?
On today’s Indy Style, Monica Lopez, Chief Margarita Officer, On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina, shares how YOU can be come the next CMO and helps us make the perfect margarita!
Chief Margarita Officer (CMO)
• The world’s largest Mexican casual dining brand recently completed a nationwide search for an experienced, self-driven and fun-loving Chief Margarita Officer (CMO) to join its team.
• The new CMO is responsible for representing, and celebrating, mankind’s greatest gift – the margarita. The ideal candidate needed to be able mix margaritas on short notice, distinguish between fresh-squeezed lime juice and canned limeade and make a solid argument for why salt is better than a sugar rim.
• CMO Responsibilities include:
o Margarita Evangelist – spread margarita love from coast to coast. Convert vodka and whisky drinkers into margarita aficionados and raving fans
• CMO Requirements include:
o Understands the art of crafting margaritas that don’t need to be followed by infusions of electrolytes, bananas, coconut juice or sunglasses the next day
o Must be remain composed. Like a good margarita, doesn’t melt under pressure and likes it rocky too. Knows that a little salt and fresh squeezed lime in life adds that extra little kick.
o Friends and family have traditionally recognized Monica as a tequila and margarita savant
• In addition to being awarded the coveted CMO title – complete with the coolest business cards ever – Monica received a $1,000 per day award* plus receive free chips and salsa at On The Border
• *Here’s the fine print: the $1,000 daily award was for 1 incredible day only; Monica received $1,000 in OTB gift cards.
ABOUT ON THE BORDER MEXICAN GRILL & CANTINA
• There are three (3) restaurants in the area: Avon, Greenwood and NE Indy at Castleton Mall
• On The Border is the world’s largest Mexican casual dining brand, and has over 150 restaurants in 31 states & Asia
• Known for its award-winning Margaritas, house-made salsa, and sizzling mesquite-grilled fajitas, On The Border is a fan-favorite destination for authentic, contemporary Mexican food and vibrant good times.
On the Border’s Story:
It all started with three friends. (And let’s be honest, probably a few shots of tequila.) One idea: Share Border-style food with the world.
But why? Because Border-style means mesquite-grilled meat, fresh ingredients, hand-pressed tortillas, and sauces made in small batches. Words hardly do it justice, but when those three friends tried it, they knew they had to share it with as many people as possible. So in October of 1982, they opened the first On The Border at the corner of Knox and Travis in Dallas, Texas.
On The Border quickly became the hot spot for great margaritas, fresh Border-style food and seriously good times in Dallas. With business booming, the three friends decided it was time to share On The Border with more people. A lot more people, in more places. And today, you can get your hands on fresh-pressed tortillas, chips as big as your head, margaritas worth their salt, table side guacamole and fresh Border-style food, all thanks to three pals—and a little tequila.
Perfect Patron – A sophisticated, top-shelf margarita made with Patrón Silver, Patrón Citrónge
orange liqueur and our fresh citrus mix.
· Lime juice & kosher salt (for rim)
· Cubed ice
· 1/2 Cup Fresh Citrus Margarita mix (or On The Border Rocks Margarita Mix)
· 1 ½ oz (1 shot) Patron Silver Tequila
· 1 oz Patron Citronge Orange
· Lime wedge
· Dip the rim of your glass into lime juice, and then into Kosher or margarita salt
· Fill your salted glass with ice
· Separately, put a small scoop of ice into a shaker and add your Margarita Mix, Patron Silver Tequila and Patron Citronge.
· Shake until well blended and chilled
· Pour mixture into your prepared glass
· Top it off with a squeeze of fresh lime
To learn more, visit: