As spring approaches, take a moment to refresh your home for the new season. Whether you’re an Innie, who plans to spend time inside with the air conditioning, or an Outie who can’t wait for fresh air, it is time to shed your winter blues.
IKEA has everything you need to prepare your home for the sunnier days ahead, whether you’re lounging around or hosting friends for midday barbecues.
Lesa Grant, Loyalty Manager at IKEA, shares simple ways to refresh your home this season!
TIPS FROM IKEA
1. Bring It Outside: As the weather starts to warm up, bring the comfort of your living room outside. Create the perfect outdoor space with a sofa and colorful cushions. A matching dining table and chairs will encourage outdoor soirees and dinner parties all season long. Relaxing furniture, like sun loungers and armchairs, can help make the most of your outdoor space, allowing yourself to enjoy the comfort of a living room outside.
HAVSTEN Sofa, $750
FUNKÖN Back cushion, $8.99
VÄDDÖ Table and 4 chairs, $169
2. Add some color: Nothing says spring like bright colors. Trade your dark patterns for bright and colorful textures to give life to your home. With colorful throw pillows, window treatments and table décor, you can welcome spring with open arms. Freshen up your couch with new cushion covers and floors with new area rugs to start the season on the right foot.
IRMELIN Curtains, $24.99
MAJALISA Cushion cover, $5.99
LANGSTED Rug, $49.99
3. Go Green: If you love to be indoors, one of the best ways to bring spring in is to fill your home with greenery. Potted plants and table flowers are a great way to give yourself the sense of a new season. Decorative vases and pots can freshen up your home while adding another element of decoration. While they look great inside, potted plants can also liven up any outdoor areas, adding another element to the open air décor.
PAPAJA Plant pot, $1.99
SANSEVIERIA TRIFASCIATA Potted plant, $7.99
GRADVIS Vase, $9.99
4. Lighten Up: Switch up your outdoor lighting and set the mood for the spring season. Take advantage of longer days with fuss free solar lamps to light up warm evenings outside. Incorporate string lights into your outdoor décor to add a special touch to your spring ambiance, while candles in fun colors are an easy way to brighten the mood inside.
SOLVINDEN LED solar-powered table lamp, $19.99
SVARTRÅ LED string light, $29.99
SOMMAR 2019 Unscented block candle, $3.99
5. More the Merrier: Nothing is better than spending time with family and friends. Always be prepared for impromptu gatherings both indoors and out by positioning chairs and couches in a circle, allowing people to face each other. A rolling bar cart with extra napkins, cups and plates is an easy way to be ready for guests, as well as keeping an extra set of folding chairs handy, making room for more.
ÄPPLARÖ 4-seat conversation set, $685
ÄPPLARÖ / KLASEN Serving cart, $100
TÄRNÖ Chair, $15
To learn more, visit www.ikea.com/us/en/.