Are you looking to improve your dog-walking experience? Nathan Lowe, The Indy Dog Whisperer, joined us today with tips to improve some of the biggest mistakes you may be making when it comes to walking your dog.
1. Pre-walk Conditioning
– Don’t cue excitement (“wanna go for a walk!?!”)
– Decondition leash excitement
– 3 steps and “sit” in driveway for first 5 minutes
2. The Walk
– Attention to YOU is the key
– Change direction abruptly if pulling
– YOU choose when to “stop and sniff”
3. Post-walk ritual
– Controlled entry into home
– No excitement upon return
– Sit the dog and remove leash calmly
For more information visit, TheIndyDogWhisperer.com.