(WFLA) — Once Daniela Vega graced the 90th Academy Awards stage to introduce one of the nominees for Best Original Song, she also made a bit of history.
The star of Fantastic Woman became the first openly trans performer to serve as a presenter during the ceremony.
The actress was met with warm applause at the Dolby Theatre as she introduced Sufjan Stevens’ emotional performance of “Mystery of Love”.
“Thank you. Thank you so much for this moment,” she said. “I want to invite you to open your heart and your feelings to feel the reality. To feel love. Can you feel it?”OTHER MEMORABLE OSCAR MOMENTS –
- PHOTOS: Jennifer Lawrence avoids third fall at the Oscars
- Twitter fans give ‘Remember Me’ mixed reviews from Oscars stage
- Partial list of winners for the 90th Academy Awards
- 2018 Oscars: Star who gives shortest speech gets a jet ski
- Stars wear supportive pins for Gun Control, AIDS, and Time’s Up at 2018 Oscars
- FASHION PHOTOS: Drama in red and neutrals on Oscars red carpet
- The Latest: Lakeith Stanfield shouts ‘Get Out,’ but doe