Live speakers. Unique performances. Streaming videos and more!
That’s what you’ll find at a TEDWomen event, which is said to spark deep discussion and meaningful connections to build an idea-focused community.
Speaker and Indy Favorite Tamika Catchings joins TEDxIndianapolisWomen Co-Organizer Neelay Bhatt to tell us more:
• The team believes today’s experiences will spark deep discussion and meaningful connections to build an idea focused community that champions true inclusion and disruptive innovation here in Indy.
• TEDxIndianapolisWomen is produced in partnership with Infosys, a TEDx Global Partner.
• The event is taking place November 29, 2018 from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. at The Center | The Heritage Group
• Tickets are sold out, but more events are coming for 2019.
• Livestream will be available for those who missed out on tickets. Visit https://tedxindianapolis.com for information coming soon.
• 5 speakers include:
o Tamika Catchings – Director of Player Programs & Franchise Development @ Pacers speaking about business and inspiration
o Claudia Angeli – Assistant Professor @ Kentucky Spinal Cord Injury Research Center speaking about research and technology
o Melissa Spitz – an artist speaking about photography and storytelling
o Molly Ford – Senior Director, Global Equality Programs @ Salesforce speaking about equality and technology
o Tapati Dutta – Associate Instructor, School of Public Health @ IU Bloomington speaking about her life story and research
• 3 performers include:
o Kate Lamont – singer that fuels songs about truth, empowerment, spirituality and vulnerability
o Mariah Ivey – nationally renowned poet, emcee and creative force
o Jhanak Dance Group – emerging Bollywood fusion dance team at Indiana University, Bloomington
• Follow social for information during the event and then for information regarding TEDxIndianapolis coming soon.
Like all TEDx events, this is a self-organized, volunteer driven platform to give a voice to ideas worth spreading that brings people together to share a TED-like experience. These events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event.
Led by co-organizers Chris Carpenter and Neelay Bhatt and Executive Producer, Rachel Zajac, with the incredible support of partners, sponsors, and volunteers, this inaugural event will feature live speakers, unique performances, streaming videos and interactive activities from the TEDWomen event in Palm Springs, CA. Combined, these experiences spark deep discussion and meaningful connections to build an idea focused community in Indy. TEDxIndianapolisWomen is produced in partnership with Infosys, a TEDx Global Partner.
• Website: https://tedxindianapolis.com/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TEDxIndianapolis/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/TEDxIND
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tedxindianapolis/