INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — We introduced you to the Woods family and followed their progress on “Family Feud” all week, and the family certainly kicked off the “Month of May” in style by winning a brand-new car by winning their fifth game!
Here’s a recap of how it all happened (for a full list of the rules and regulations of “Family Feud,” click here):
Friday, February 19, 2016
- vs. the Suthar family, the Woods family wins the game but are unable to return to defend their crown. Last summer, the Woods family was flown out to Los Angeles to continue their journey.
Monday, April 29, 2019
- vs. the Schieve family from Slinger, Wisconsin, who have won two consecutive games.
- Round 1: The Woods family wins with 49 points.
- Round 2: The Schieve family wins with 43 points.
- Round 3: The Schieve family steals the round with 56 points, bringing their total to 99 and taking their first lead of the game.
- Round 4: The Shieve family guessed three responses correctly but were unable to come up with the final answer to secure the game. As a result, the Woods family used their chance to steal and win the game.
- Fast Money: Mesha and Nicole teamed up to try and earn $20,000. Mesha kicked things off with 85 points, and Nicole surpassed the 200 points with 123 to win the money.
- Two-Day Total: $20,000 (their previous winnings from three years ago was not accounted for in their total earnings)
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
- vs. the Folas family from Walnut Creek, California
- Round 1: The Woods family wins with 73 points.
- Round 2: The Woods family wins with 91 points, bringing their total to 164.
- Round 3: The Folas family tries to rally by earning 86 points.
- Round 4: Neither team could come up with the fourth and final answer of the category, securing victory for the Woods family with a final score of 452 to 86.
- Fast Money: After earning $20,000 in yesterday’s game, the family decides to stick with Mesha and Nicole for the bonus round. Mesha begins with 79 points, and Nicole earns 45, failing to reach the combined 200-point total needed to win $20,000.
- Three-Day Total: $20,620
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
- vs. the Melton family from Placentia, California.
- Round 1: The Melton family wins with 60 points.
- Round 2: The Woods family wins with 30 points.
- Round 3: The Woods family clears the board with 176 points, bringing their total to 206.
- Round 4: The Melton family is unable to force sudden death as the Woods family wins the game, 401 to 60. By winning their fourth game, the Woods family will return for their fifth and final game with a shot at winning a brand-new car.
- Fast Money: Mesha and Nicole return to try and recreate the chemistry from the second game. Mesha starts strongly with 123 points, and Nicole follows with 51, leaving the team 26 points short of earning $20,000.
- Four-Day Total: $21,490
Thursday, May 2, 2019
vs. the Schmidt family from St. Louis, Missouri.
- Round 1: The Woods family wins with 69 points.
- Round 2: The Schmidt family takes the lead by stealing the round with 87 points.
- Round 3: The Woods family wins with 134 points, bringing their total to 203.
- Round 4: The Woods family wins the game as Mesha correctly guesses the fourth and final answer with two strikes against her. By winning this fifth game, the Woods family wins a brand-new car. The final score is 488 to 87.
- Fast Money: Keith and Nicole team up for the first time. Keith kicks things off by getting 116 points. Nicole follows with 69, coming up 15 points short of earning the team another $20,000.
- Five-Day Total: $22,415 and a brand-new car
Congratulations, Woods family!
Do you think your family has what it takes to be on “Family Feud”? Click here to apply!