The lean nature of lamb means it is best to serve it between medium-rare and medium doneness. Simply check the temperature at intervals to ensure this roast will be the most tender and tasty lamb you have ever enjoyed.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb butterflied lamb leg steak
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (use code TRAILTOHEALTH for 10% off)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bunch fresh parley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, de-stemmed and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C).
4. Roast the lamb for about 15-20 minutes and check the temperature to see if it has reached a doneness of 135 F (57 C). If it hasn’t, continue cooking in 5-minute increments until it reaches 135 F (57 C).
5. Once cooked, let the lamb rest for 10 minutes before slicing into strips against the grain.
Erika Schlick is the author of Wandering Palate, a collection of 28 days of travel inspired healthy Paleo meals that help keep her in remission from Lyme disease and multiple autoimmune conditions. The book is a collection of recipes that helped her heal and now she is joining us from her home in Los Angeles to show us how we should be cooking to stay safe and healthy at home.
Wandering Palate has several healthy recipes to make while you have some extra time at home and are looking for simple and healthy meals to prepare.