Their purpose? To inspire those who wear it and articulate the concepts of confidence, community, and mindfulness.
On today’s Indy Style, Monty Matuka, Founder/Creative Director of MELI, shares more about his combination of both Winter 2020 and Spring 2021!
- who: MELI was founded by Congolese-American, Monty Matuka who also designs all of the garments for the brand.
- what: MELI is a sophisticated, luxury streetwear clothing brand that stands for More Equality, Less Ignorance. The majority of MELI garments are classified as unisex and appeal to those between the ages of 18-48.
- when: MELI was founded in 2018. Be on the lookout for the launch of the new Spring/Summer collection on meli-intl.com. Also, we will be hosting a pop-up shop this Saturday at the MELI Showroom.
- where: MELI is based in downtown Indianapolis, IN in the MELI Showroom and is expanding to a store front in downtown Los Angeles, CA this spring.
- why: MELI seeks to promote equality and cross cultural awareness. Our purpose is to inspire those who wear it and articulate the concepts of confidence, community, and mindfulness.
- how: We aspire to provide an opportunity to amplify positivity and explore the unknown through our means, (fashion shows, campaigns, editorials, images, visuals, etc).
MELI is a sophisticated, luxury streetwear clothing brand based out of Indianapolis, Indiana. The brand was founded in 2018 by first generation Congolese American, Mongomeli Matuka.
The name stands for “More Equality, Less Ignorance” and seeks to promote equality and cross-cultural awareness. MELI aspires to provide an opportunity to amplify positivity and explore the unknown through our means (fashion shows, campaigns, visuals, images, written messages, etc).
MELI appeals to both men and women between the ages of 18 and 48, but is more so geared towards men.
MELI has sponsored two fashion shows in the city of Indianapolis entitled F.A.M.E. (Fashion, Art, & Music Experience), which is also an event series that provides a platform and marketplace for artists across all disciplines to collaborate and showcase their skills, talents, and creations through an innovative singular experience.
MELI has also participated in various fashion shows around the Midwest and has allowed others to gain experience and knowledge from the brand. MELI currently has a showroom in the Stutz Business Center located in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana.
What’s coming next for MELI is another store front, this time in downtown Los Angeles, California. Intern and job opportunities are coming in the near future for the MELI team as well.