Tina Jesson, owner of Tina’s Traditional Tea Room in Carmel is working to support the local tea-loving community in a few different ways.
She’s holding virtual tea times on her “Tina’s Traditional” Facebook page where she shares a cup of tea each day with viewers, sings, tells stories and provides education on history and tea time.
Tina is also selling care packages on her website so people can create their own teatime at home or send them to a loved one. We have one right here.
It cost $35 and includes a scones mix, a jar of handmade jam, clotted cream, and loose leaf teas to make Devonshire Cream Tea.
Tina says she’s extremely grateful for the overwhelming response to the care packages and that she’s been able to hire back two of her staff members because of it.
Here are 10 ways Tina says Tina’s Traditional Tea Room can help and serve you:
- Send a care package to a loved one and get your loose leaf immune system boosting tea.
- Collect an afternoon tea to go and create a little tea party for your little princesses as they get to spend some time doing something fun on the weekend.
- Order lunch to be delivered or collected once per week. From quiche, to finger sandwiches, to a hot cup of homemade soup.
- Order a whole cake for a special birthday or just because what’s not to like about cake!
- Order from Marketwagon and stock up on your favorites like Cornish Pasties, meat pies, Hot Cross Buns (yes it’ll soon be Easter).
- Order your favorite loose leaf tea online and we’ll mail it to your door.
- Cater for your team if you are one of the essential workers. We appreciate all your hard work and commitment to keeping us all safe.
- Buy a gift card to treat yourself when we get back to normal.
- Pop in to the shop between 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and pick up a new tea pot or tea cup that makes you smile.
- Get a hot tea to go on your way home after picking up your groceries. She also offers delivery, and can even order toilet paper for those who can’t find it in stores.
- We also have toilet rolls! Our supply chain hasn’t broken down, so we can bring in certain supplies from our restaurant suppliers. People just ask and we’ll get items ordered in for them to collect.
We need just special 20 people every week to order from us to help us stay afloat in these difficult times. Do you think you could be one of them? We’d love to serve you in some small way. Remember, you can go out for groceries and food, just remember to keep 6 ft. apart.
Learn more about how Tina can help you her website: tinastraditional.com