Ah, love is in the air!
In our kitchen this morning, Chef Amy Amy von Eiff, Owner & Executive Chef at A Cut Above Catering, shares different ways to celebrate this romantic holiday– including making a Steak & Cranberry Chimichurri Crostini and a Dessert Charcuterie Board!
Be My Valentine – Couples Romantic Date Night
Saturday, February 13th – 6:00 pm
Cooking Class – Gourmet Dinner – Dancing – Photo Booth
Creative Valentine’s Ideas: Dessert Charticurie Boards
SINGLES MINGLE – Valentine’s Solo Cooking Class
Sunday, February 14th 2:00 pm
Cooking Class plus Gourmet Dinner
Be My Valentine Couples Romantic Date Night: Eventbrite.com/e/be-my-valentine-couples-cooking-class-dinner-package-over-night-tickets-125516979665
SINGLES MINGLE Instructional Cooking Class: Eventbrite.com/e/singles-mingle-instructional-cooking-class-in-person-or-virtual-tickets-125352559881
2021 Cooking Classes: acutabovecatering.com/2020-public-class-schedule/
Steak & Cranberry Chimichurri Crostini
- 16 oz. Flank Steak
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/3 cup Minced Parsley
- 1/3 cup Minced Cilantro
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeds removed (optional) and minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cranberries, sliced small
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Large Avocado
- 4 Low Carb Tortillas (substitute low carb mission tortillas)
- Avocado oil for pan frying (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine the parsley, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, shallots, and cranberries. Add in the juice of half a lime, the red wine vinegar, and the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside, loosely covered.
2. Allow your steaks to come to room temperature before cooking (minimum of 30 minutes). Lightly season with olive oil and salt/pepper on each side. Grill or cook the steaks on a cast iron pan to your preferred doneness (FDA recommends steak be cooked to a minimum of 145 F. ). Set aside and allow the steaks to rest at least 10 minutes before slicing. Tip- lightly tent foil over the steak to keep it warm.
3. In a bowl, mash the avocado, add the other half of the lime juice, and season with salt, and set it aside.
4. To make the low carb tortilla crostini, use a cookie cutter to make rounds (6 rounds per tortilla with a 2″ cookie cutter) or use a pizza wheel to cut squares or triangles. I prefer to shallow pan fry my tortillas in a little bit of avocado oil until crispy, or you can bake them at 400 F on a parchment covered baking sheet for 7-8 minutes.
5. To assemble, spread a small amount of avocado mash over the crostini, slice the steak into bite sized pieces and add a slice over the avocado. Once all the crostini are assembled, place on a plate or platter, and finish them off with a drizzle of Cranberry Chimichurri over the top.