CARMEL, Ind. (WISH) — A Fishers man has been arrested after an “altercation” in Carmel.
The Carmel Police Department arrested 38-year-old Richard Atwell in the case.
Police say they responded to a weapons complaint in the 10200 Westfield Boulevard. Investigators determined a shot was fired, but no one was struck. Police said someone on the scene did suffer minor injuries, but did not say how.
Police say Atwell fled the scene before officers arrived. He was later arrested with the help of the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office.
He’s now facing several charges.
Atwell faces preliminary charges of:
- Burglary with a deadly weapon (level 2 felony)
- Attempted armed robbery – Taking property by force while armed (level 3 felony
- Attempted armed robbery – Taking property putting someone in fear while armed with deadly weapon (level 3 felony)
- Criminal confinement while armed with a deadly weapon (level 3 felony)
- Intimidation with a deadly weapon (level 5 felony)
- Domestic battery by means of a deadly weapon (level 5 felony)
- Criminal recklessness – shooting a firearm into a building (level 5 felony)
- Pointing a firearm at another (level 6 felony)
- Criminal Recklessness committed with a deadly weapon (level 6 felony)
- Domestic Battery (class A misdemeanor)
He’s being held in the Hamilton County Jail on $250,000 bond.
His mugshot has not yet been made available.