Ready, set, go! 20,000 participants expected for 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Runners, take your marks! It’s time for the 47th annual OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon and 500 Festival 5K.
More than 20,000 participants from five continents, 15 continents, and all 50 states will take over the streets of downtown Indianapolis on Saturday for “The Greatest Spectacle in Running.”
The course includes a lap around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, where many participants will kneel down to drop a quick kiss on the famed Yard of Bricks. Runners will cross the finish line at Blackford and New York Streets in downtown Indy.
Click here to view or download a course map.
Scroll down for more details on downtown road closures and the 500 Festival Post-Race Party at Military Park!
Crossing the finish line
First Place Finishers | Mini-Marathon
- Male | Panuel Mkungo: 1 hour, 1 minute, and 44 seconds — a new event record!
- Female | Anna Rohrer (Heiny): 1 hour, 1 minute, and 31 seconds.
- Athletes with Disabilities (M) | Chad Johnson: 55 minutes and 18 seconds.
- Athletes with Disabilities (F) | Amy Kempf: 1 hour, 53 minutes, 18 seconds.
First Place Finishers: 5K
- Male | Lucas Steward: 15 minutes, 54 seconds.
- Female | Christina Murphy: 18 minutes and 19 seconds.
Visit the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon website for the full list of results.
Downtown Street Closures
A number of streets in downtown Indianapolis will be closed before, during, and after the Mini-Marathon.
Post Race Party
Not running on Saturday? No sweat! Get in on the fun by lining the race course to cheer on the participants, then stop by the 500 Festival Post Race Party in Military Park!
The free event is open to the public and runs from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Post Race Party will include free entertainment, Mini-Marathon merchandise stands, food and beer vendors, and more!