Erika Schlick, health coach, blogger and author of the cookbook Wandering Palate joined us today to demonstrate how to make Kalamata Lamb Kofta, a recipe from her book.
Erika has several healthy recipes to make while you have some extra time at home and are looking for simple and healthy meals to prepare. Here’s more from her:
Try infusing the unique, briny taste of Kalamta olives in this lamb kofta recipe. Olive lovers will rejoice as the olive’s fruity taste permeates through the meat, while a combination of fresh herbs and zesty lemon balances out the flavors.
Kalamata Lamb Kofta
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons chipped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon onion powder
Juice from 1 lemon
Zest from 1 lemon
1 lb. ground lamb (order grass-fed meat from Butcher Box (discount varies) or US Wellness Meats (15% off first 2 orders) with code TRAILTOHEALTH)
6 skewer sticks (soaked in water if wood)
1. Put the garlic and Kalamata olives in a food processor and pulse to chop. Add the mint, parsley, oregano and onion powder and pulse again, being careful not to overmix. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and salt, pulsing briefly to combine.
2. Once pulsed, use your hands to work the olive and herb mixture into the ground lamb. Divide the lamb mixture into 6 balls and press each onto a skewer stick in the shape of an oval.
3. It is best to cook the skewers on the grill, but they can also be cooked on a grill pan on the stove.
4. Turn the koftas often to cook evenly for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve with Mint, Dill and Cucumber Salad, and Tzatziki Sauce.
Wandering Palate has a collection of 28 days of travel inspired healthy Paleo meals that help keep her in remission from Lyme disease and multiple autoimmune conditions. The book is a collection of recipes that helped her heal and now she is joining us from her home in Los Angeles to show us how we should be cooking to stay safe and healthy at home.
Wandering Palate is currently shipping and available on her website and Amazon: