After the past year we’ve all had, we could all use more positive moments this spring! Melissa Jones of the Girls Positivity Club has us covered with ways you can make fun family memories at home during Spring break and beyond. Here’s more from her:
43% of Americans are playing it safe and staying at home for Spring Break this year and with this school year being a combination for most families of in-person and online learning, most parents are looking for ways to connect away from technology and do something fun in the safety of their own home.
American Psychological Association, 7 in 10 parents continue to feel stress managing online learning for children. Regardless of traveling or staying at home, families are looking for fun ways to step away from technology and connect in new and creative ways. How can parents find fun ways to bond as a family and step away from screens for an hour or two? There are 4 categories of activities that will help families connect and create a new version of Spring Break memories.
1. Self-Care- DIY Spa Day- edible beauty mask, paint nails, take a bubble bath, do yoga
2. DIY Board Games- Kids create their own board game and the family plays
3. Cupcake/Dessert Wars – 3 timed rounds of baking dishes that are judged by family members or neighbors
4. Camp out- Literally pitch a tent in your back yard or camp out in your living room by making a fort.
Chocolate Face Mask
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup of plain yogurt
- ¼ cup of honey
For more information, visit GirlsPositivityClub.org