Today Gina Ferwerda, recipe developer and cookbook author shows us two different ways to make Swiss Chicken Pasta. Using nearly the same ingredients she says you can make either a salad or casserole.
SWISS CHICKEN PASTA
Pasta & Peas
- 1 lb. cavatappi pasta
- 2 cups Michigan fresh peas, washed and shelled (or thawed frozen peas)
- 2 cups shredded or cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups salad dressing or mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups cubed Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¾ teaspoon dill
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
Bibb or romaine lettuce leaves
- Fresh dill
- Sliced radishes
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
Swiss Chicken Pasta Salad Instructions:
Add pasta to boiling, salted water and cook for approximately 12 minutes. During last two minutes of cooking, add the peas to the pasta water. Drain and rinse with cold water for 1-2 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together. Then add the pasta and peas to the mixture and fold all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate until well-chilled. Serve with or in lettuce leaves. Garnish with fresh dill, radishes or cherry tomatoes.
Swiss Chicken Pasta Casserole Instructions:
- Add the Swiss Chicken Pasta Salad from above to a casserole dish.
- Top with 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and 1 cup panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
For more from Gina visit, nomnews.com.