The smell of Italian invaded our kitchen this morning, and we loved it! Chris Evans, owner of Sangiovese, along with Chef Francisco Garcia, prepared a few dishes on our show this morning.
They served Gamberi alla Griglia (large gif shrimp wrapped with prosciutto and grilled) on a bed of lettuce with a citrus infuse olive oil & Penne alla Medici pasta. Talk about delicious! We are helping Sangiovese celebrate its grand opening at the IronWorks!
Here are a few fun facts about Sangiovese!
• Prior to its new location, Sangiovese was located at Clearwater Crossings Shopping Center
• Restaurant seats 85 people in the 3,000-square-foot space with an open floor plan
• 24-foot-long bar and private dining room called the “Bertani room” that seats 16 guests reserved for special occasions
• Local beers and 35 menu items consisting of in-house prepared Italian fare including favorites like bruschetta and Veal Osso Bucco
• In celebration of its grand opening, Sangiovese donated 25 percent of proceeds to the Indiana Chapter of American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
• Hours: 5-10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 5-11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday; Bar opens at 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday
• Sangiovese’s website: www.sangioveseristorante.com
• Sangiovese’s Facebook: www.facebook.com/sangioveseristorante?fref=ts