You can keep the little ones playing outdoors all summer long with these ideas from Chris Byrne, the Toy Guy!
For kids, play serves three important, developmental functions:
- It provides new experiences.
- It allows kids to explore the worlds (in reality and the imagination).
- Provides the opportunity for self-expression. Healthy, engaged play is how we discover ourselves and find our place in the world.
- Crazy Bunch O Balloons (ZURU)
- Ages 3+
- LeapFrog 100 Words About Places I Go (LeapFrog)
- 18 months+
- Summer Bridge Activities and Disney Learning (Carson Dellosa Education)
- Ages 4-13
- Hide Inside Collection: Flower Finds/Mixed Emotions (Crazy Aaron’s)
- Ages 3+
- All ages
- Prices vary
- Akedo (Moose Toys)
- Ages 6+
About Chris Byrne, The Toy Guy:
The Toy Guy Chris Byrne has spent virtually his entire career playing for at least some part of every day.
His passion for play comes from the belief that we get to make up our own lives.
Additional info can also be found on Chris’s website: Thetoyguy.com/great-ideas-for-summer-play