CARMEL, Ind. (WISH) — The city government on Tuesday relaunched its bike-share program under a new vendor.
With 50 bikes and seven stations, the bike-share program still looks the same and has been tuned up, with one change, the city said in a news release.
The program will replace the Zagster app with Movatic, which can be downloaded in the App Store and Google Play Store, according to the release.
Once the new app has been downloaded, riders can check out bikes by scanning a QR code that can be found on the downtube below the handlebars.
The cost of bikes, “for users, the bikes cost $1.50 per half hour to rent with a cap of $24 for up to a 24-hour period. A $30 annual fee includes unlimited rides under one hour, with additional hours being charged at $1.50 per half-hour to a maximum of $24 for up to a 24-hour period,” the release said.
Here are bike-share locations:
- Carmel City Hall, 1 Civic Square (southwest corner of parking lot).
- Central Park on the Monon Greenway.
- Carter Green and Monon Greenway (east of 3 Carter Green).
- City Center Drive and Range Line Road (southwest corner).
- Main Street and the Monon Greenway (in front of Bazbeaux Pizza).
- Midtown Plaza, 365 Monon Blvd. (just north of Elm Street).
- 37 E. Main St. (in front of Visit Hamilton County offices).