The book has several healthy recipes to make while you have some extra time at home and are looking for simple and healthy meals to prepare. It’s a collection of 28 days of travel inspired healthy Paleo meals that help keep Schlick in remission from Lyme disease and multiple autoimmune conditions. Here’s more from her:
Avocado and eggs are a match made in heaven. This healthy, simple and elegant breakfast will wow your brunch guests and keep you full for hours with all the healthy fats. These can even be made as an easy weekday breakfast. Pop them in the oven while you are getting ready and come back 15-20 minutes later to a healthy and nourishing breakfast.
Baked Eggs In Avocado
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 small eggs
salt to taste
½ tablespoon of fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 425 F (218 C).
2. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and spoon out some of the flesh. Place the avocado halves, hallowed sides facing up. You can place them in a small ramekin or use crumpled foil to hold the avocado halves level.
3. Crack an egg over a bowl and try to separate some of the white from the yolk. Pour the yolk into the avocado halves and spoon the whites in until the hallow is full. Repeat with the remaining halves and eggs.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the white is set but the yolk is still runny.
5. Season each avocado half with salt and chives. Divide between two plates and serve immediately.
Wandering Palate is currently shipping and available on her website and Amazon: