It’s that time of year – dust off your patio furniture, fill your planters and get ready to spend spring outdoors. Updating your outdoor living areas adds more livable space with the feeling and function of an indoor room.
Here are a few tips!
• Whether your outdoor area is spacious or small, little updates like fresh flowers and new patio cushions make it simple to get the most out of your space.
• Revamp a dull deck and increase functionality by adding features like fire pits, rugs, lights and more.
• Patio furniture is constructed from a wide range of materials, both in terms of fabric coverings and frame material.
• When considering frame materials, if portability is important, choose lightweight materials, such as plastic and aluminum. If you don’t plan to move them often, or if they will be exposed to higher winds, go with heavier materials, such as wood or wrought iron.
• The Home Depot’s Create Your Own Collection Tool allows you to choose from 16 different frames and 15 fabric options to reflect your unique style. You can also order fabric swatches to your home to test out colors before making any purchases. Hampton Bay has everything you need to complete your patio from top to bottom – from patio furniture to accessories – mix and match with Hampton Bay.
• Relax in style with Hampton Bay Tobago modular patio sectional set that connects together to create a versatile sectional. Add in or remove sections to create a custom sectional for any occasion. Cushions available in 15 colors.High-end design, lower cost
• Previously sold only at specialty stores, Brown Jordan patio furniture is now available at The Home Depot in six exclusive styles and offers huge savings and unrivaled durability. Brown Jordan furniture comes with Sunbrella fabrics that are stunning with the strength to withstand the elements.
Build a new weather-resistant deck
• If you don’t have a deck or are replacing the deck you have, consider using composite deck board instead of pressure-treated wood is an increasingly popular option. Composite decking is high quality, low maintenance and beautiful surface for homeowners to enjoy for years to come.
• Veranda is extremely durable with a 20-year warranty that protects against cracking, splitting, fading and stain.
• The initial investment for composite decking is higher than that of natural wood, but it is offset in as little as five years because it practically eliminates maintenance and upkeep.
Refresh and repair damaged wood
• If you’re looking to maintain or refresh an existing deck, it’s important to clean your deck before you stain or seal. Try Behr DeckOver Cleaner. It’s ready to use, no mixing required and is extremely effective on dirt and against greasy, oily stains such as barbeque grease.
• Inspect your deck to identify damaged wood. If damage is confined to small area, replace that section rather than an entire board. Use a hammer to pat down any nails that may have popped up over time. Splintering handrails and stairs can be a painful hazard. Smooth these areas with an electric sander or a small piece sand paper.Add color with sealants or stains
• Now that you’ve done all the prep work, it’s time to stain. Unlike paint, stains penetrate and allow the natural texture of the wood to show through. Water-based stains adhere better to previously painted or stained surfaces. These stains are recommended for woods like cedar or cypress. Oil based stains are best for areas exposed to harsh conditions.
• Choose BEHR Semi-Transparent Waterproofing Wood Stain to enhance the natural wood grain and color. Or choose a solid or opaque stain like BEHR DeckOver, which is available in a variety of colors.
• To completely fill in cracks and resurface the wood, try Rust-Oleum Restore 4X. It fills cracks up to a fourth of an inch. This problem-solving coating is 10 times thicker than ordinary paint.
Accessorize for function
• Install a fire pit to your outdoor living area to extend your season.
• Patterned pillows add punches of color, while neutrals like moss green, celery and silver complement existing décor.
• Add an all-weather rug in a coordinating color to make your space cozy and comfortable.
• One of our most popular outdoor accessories are outdoor string lights. There are a variety of bulb sizes – including specialty bulbs such as Edison bulb string lights and Mason Jar String Lights.
• Add color in your planters by filling them with low maintenance flowers like Drop N Bloom and place in empty areas around your deck.
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY HOME DEPOT