When it comes to training a new puppy and getting them to grow into good adult dogs there are at least three key lessons they need to learn.
Nathan Lowe, The Indy Dog Whisperer, joined us today along with Sunday Rose, a French Bulldog, to share those lessons.
Respect for Authority (You!)
- No intense nipping/play (w/other pups only)
- “4 on the floor” means no elevated places!
- Rules for food
- Avoid high-pitched interaction with your puppy
- No dominant greetings/play (especially with adult dogs)
- “Claim” guests to teach your puppy respectful interaction
- Make sure your puppy feels protected
Exploration of the World
- Off-trail adventures for optimal development
- Expose your puppy to a wide range of sights and sounds in various environments
- Invite your pup to smell anything and everything possible (nose is the primary vehicle of data collection)
For more information visit, TheIndyDogWhisperer.com.