Annessa’s blue ribbon worthy Lemon Shake-up recipe
With no state fair this summer, Annessa Chumbley is bringing to the state fair foods to your home. Today, she shows us how to mix up the perfect blue ribbon worthy Lemon Shake-up.
Lemon Shake Up No.1
- Fill a 16-24 ounce jar or glass with ice.
- Pour 1/3 cup of lemon syrup over the ice and squeeze one or two additional fresh lemons in.
- Place a lid on and give it a good shake.
- Fill with fresh water, and sip through a large straw!
Lemon Shake Up No.2
- Fill a 16-24 ounce jar or glass glass with ice.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of sugar in the bottom.
- Cut two lemons in half and squeeze as much juice in as possible; throw the squeezed lemons in the glass or jar as well.
- Fill with fresh water, put the lid on, and give the drink a good shake.
- Sip through a large straw and enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar zest
- Juice of 3 large lemons
- Place water and sugar in a small saucepan and heat to medium high.
- Stir continually until it boils. Reduce heat and simmer five minutes to let the syrup thicken.
- Remove from heat, and stir in zest and juice of three lemons.
- Let syrup set in the refrigerator to cool.
- Strain syrup and store in the refrigerator.