INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — These fluffy, buttery cookies are perfect for a sweet treat. They come to us from a viewer named Kelly.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to the wet, mixing in alternately with the buttermilk.
- Place batter by tablespoonfuls on a baking sheet and top with a sprinkle of sugar.
- Bake until done, about 8-10 minutes, depending on size. Remove and let cool. Enjoy!