ANDERSON, Ind. (WISH) — A federal investigation has led to charges against five individuals accused of operating a drug trafficking organization.
United States Attorney Josh Minkler announced the arrests Friday morning in Anderson.
“Operation Glassbox” resulted in the arrests of:
- Charles House, 37, Anderson
- Sean Brown, 25, Anderson
- Tommy Compton, 39, Indianapolis
- Marcus Hayes-Patterson, 34, Anderson
- Gregory Hendricks, 34, Anderson
According to authorities, the investigation into the men began in October 2018.
Investigators say House traveled to California to purchase narcotics, then mailed them back to Indiana. The drugs were then distributed by Brown, Hendricks and Hayes-Patterson in Anderson, authorities say. Compton also provided House with marijuana.
The group faces charges of:
- conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute methamphetamine and marijuana
- distribution of methamphetamine and marijuana
- unlawful use of a communication facility.
“The U.S. Attorney’s Office is committed to identifying and removing violent drug traffickers who have infested our neighborhoods,” Minkler said in a news release.