Make your home page

House fire leaves family of 6 homeless

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – A house fire on Wednesday night have left a family of six homeless.

IFD reported that the family was forced to evacuate after an electrical fire started in the home they were renting.

The family told IFD that the fire started in part of the home where the father was replacing electrical wiring.

The father tried to extinguish the flames but was unsuccessful. He was transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation.

The rest of the family including the pets are staying with relatives.