INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Inside INdiana Business) – Eight Indiana schools are being recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools for 2020.
The U.S. Department of Education says the recognition is based on a school’s overall academic performance or progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups.
“Building a school community focused on student achievement and growth is a foundation for academic excellence and success,” said State Superintendent Dr. Jennifer McCormick. I congratulate Indiana’s Blue Ribbon Schools for their commitment to creating a climate centered around establishing and maintaining high academic expectations. Their work deserves this national recognition.”
The department says a total of 317 public and 50 non-public schools receiving the award will be honored virtually. The awards ceremony will be held November 12 and 13.
2020 National Blue Ribbon Schools in Indiana include:
- Boone Meadow School, Zionsville Community School, Whitestown
- Cedarville Elementary School, East Allen County School, Fort Wayne
- Harris Elementary School, Greenfield-Central Community School Corp., Greenfield
- Herron High School, Herron Charter, Indianapolis Classical School District, Indianapolis
- Ireland Elementary School, Greater Jasper Consolidated School District, Ireland
- Kolling Elementary School, Lake Central School Corp., Saint John
- North Salem Elementary School, North West Hendricks School District, North Salem
- Speedway Senior High School, School Town Of Speedway, Speedway
The program, now in its 38th year, has given nearly 10,000 awards to more than 9,000 schools. Up to 420 schools may be nominated each year.