This is the perfect fruit salad to accompany and add summer freshness to any meal. Here’s the recipe from Gina Ferwerda, recipe developer and cookbook author.
Grilled Fruit Salad (serves 6 to 8)
Grilled Fruit ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cherry balsamic vinegar (or white balsamic)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 fresh peaches, halved and pitted
- 3 fresh plums, halved and pitted
- 3 fresh nectarines, halved and pitted
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Juice of 2 limes, divided use
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
PREPARE GRILLED FRUIT
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Brush over halved stone fruit.
Place fruit, cut-side down, on grill. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, water and the juice of 1 lime.
Add all fruit to a large serving bowl. Top fruit with juice of remaining lime, then drizzle with icing. Garnish with mint leaves.