How to keep mosquitoes out of your backyard
Have you ever tried to relax outside, only to find that mosquitoes had other plans for you? Have you ever planned an outdoor barbecue or cook out that turned into an all-you-can-eat mosquito buffet? Have your children wanted to play outside only to come in minutes later after being eaten alive?
Mosquito Hunters can help you TAKE BACK YOUR YARD, making mosquito control effective, affordable, and environmentally friendly too. So stop the itching and start enjoying the outdoors again!
Andy Fuller, Chief Hunter at Mosquito Hunters, shares some tips on getting rid of those pesky pests!Mosquito Hunting- how does your treatment work?
- Mosquitoes bite us for our blood, as we all know, but mosquitoes don’t get energy from our blood – they only use our blood for reproductive purposes
- Mosquitoes, in fact, get energy from the plants in your yard – in particular the broad leaf plants like bushes and trees
- Mosquito Hunters come out to your home and treat the plants in your yard in order to cut out the energy source for the mosquitoes. If they don’t have an energy source, they need to go someplace else, which means they aren’t around long enough to bite you
- We also look to reduce any standing water in the yard. Mosquitoes love to breed in standing water. Even a bottle cap filled with water is enough to create 300 mosquitoes.
- By treating the plants and reducing or neutralizing mosquito breeding sites, we can reduce populations of mosquitoes (as well as fleas and ticks) by 85% to 95% on average.
What sort of stuff are you spraying on the plants?
- We know that mosquitoes hate chrysanthemums, so the active ingredient in our product is the synthetic of the chrysanthemum flower. It’s called a pyrethroid. It’s the same thing that’s found in a lot of flea and tick shampoos. It’s also the same thing that’s found in head lice medication. What’s nice about the product is that it’s effective but also the toxicity is very low. Just about any product you find under your kitchen sink or in your garage is going to be way more harmful to the environment than anything we’re applying.
- We also provide all-natural treatments as well, utilizing organic ingredients like rosemary and thyme, so – for those folks out there who want to stay completely organic in your yard – we’ve got an option for you.
Do you offer any kind of guarantee?
- Yes. On average, you see a reduction in populations of mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks in your yard by 85%-95%, but all treatments performed by Mosquito Hunters are backed by our Happiness Promise, which states that if you’re not completely happy with the results of your treatment, just give us a call within the 21 days post-treatment and we will come back to re-treat your property free of charge, with no questions asked and no strings attached.
Can mosquito control treatments protect against the mosquitoes that carry Zika or the West Nile Virus?
- The best way to reduce exposure to mosquito-borne illnesses is to reduce the populations of mosquitoes in your yard.
- Regular barrier treatments can effectively kill and prevent mosquitoes, helping to protect you and your family from Zika Virus, the West Nile Virus other mosquito-borne illnesses.
Any other tips for keeping the mosquitoes away?
- Regularly mow your grass & trim your shrubbery
- Irrigate your lawn to avoid the accumulation of standing water
- Clean your gutters
- Avoid overwatering your plants
Anything else we should know about why mosquitoes bite us?
- One study shows that mosquitoes are more attracted to type O blood, for whatever reason
- Mosquitoes are more attracted to pregnant women
- Mosquitoes are more attracted to someone who has been drinking alcohol
- One of the biggest attractors for mosquitoes is carbon dioxide, so if you want to really keep mosquitoes away, either stop exhaling or get more aggressive in how you’re protecting yourself and your family from mosquitoes.
To learn more, call 317-315-8121 or visit www.MosquitoHuntersIndy.com.
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY MOSQUITO HUNTERS