Jewelry designs by Vanderbilt family member
Talk about a family inspiration! Consuelo Vanderbilt Costin is part of the Vanderbilt family dynasty and says after inheriting a ring from her great-grandmother, she knew she wanted to design jewelry. The line of affordable pearl and diamond fashion jewelry is currently available on www.hsn.com. Watch as Consuelo introduces us to her jewelry line and how each piece has a story behind it, just waiting to be told.
– Consuelo Vanderbilt Costin is a direct descendent of shipping and railroad tycoon Cornelius Vanderbilt, and cousin of Anderson Cooper and Gloria Vanderbilt.
– Family heritage:
– Consuelo Vanderbilt Costin’s mother was Serena Vanderbilt Ingen McCallum,
– Consuelo Vanderbilt Costin’s grandmother Iris Ada Vanderbilt
– Consuelo Vanderbilt Costin’s great grandmother Consuelo Vanderbilt Earl
– Consuelo Vanderbilt Costin’s great-great grandfather William K. Vanderbilt II
– Consuelo Vanderbilt Costin’s great-great-great aunt Consuelo Vanderbilt (Duchess of Marlborough)
– “The Duchess” Choker was developed in homage to the Duchess of Marlborough, who wore a stunning multi-strand pearl choker to accentuate her legendary long neck; the envy of many society women during the early 19th century.
– The single strand pearl necklace that each Vanderbilt woman receives on her 18th birthday inspired “The Coming of Age” Necklace, which comes with a matching Tennis Bracelet,. The exquisite “Five Generations” Pearl Ring and Necklace feature five pearls in a nod to the legendary women that inspired the process.
– Additional pieces capture the essence of the family and their lives, and are reflected in the names for “The Tradition”, “The Tempest”, “The Society” and “The Graduate”.
– In several pieces, you see an edgier design reflective of her personal style. “The Tempest” Ring and Cuff Bracelet feature a ‘diamond’ pavet pattern in a zigzag style.
– Priced $29.95 – $199.95The Vanderbilt Museum & Planetarium, Suffolk Country
• Consuelo will be confirmed as Legacy member of the Board at the Museum. The only living Vanderbilt to sit on the board.
• Consuelo filmed her recent single “Lose My Mind” at the Suffolk County Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium. It’s the former summer home of her great-great grandfather, Willie K Vanderbilt Jr., which has been beautifully preserved as it was in the 1930s.
• “The Society” Earrings feature clusters of white pearls and were worn by Consuelo in her latest music video that was filmed at The Vanderbilt Museum.
Consuelo isn’t just a designer, she also has a successful music career as a Billboard Recording Artist. Here are a few links to her music videos:
- Lose My Mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnU06T_Qlm0
- Feel So Alive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6OrRu_E6SI
- Homage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWj6TmM_dBg
- Link to download images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uyxnquc2cu61fr9/AACC9au7AlbRxxjCqXV_fvQCa?dl=0