Take care of your car’s exterior
Your car may look clean from today’s rain, but is it REALLY clean? Sally Grant from Crew Carwash says explains the detrimental effects road salt can have on your car and the importance of keeping your car clean in the winter.
Here are a few things to keep in mind this winter:While road salt is essential for safe winter driving, it can also lead to numerous car troubles:
• Road salt is extremely corrosive and over time it can cause extensive damage to vehicles.
• The biggest threat salt poses to a vehicle is rust
• Rust on certain parts of a car can create a slew of problems ranging from hydraulic brake system leaks to subframe damage.
• Road salt can even lead to brake failure
Very important to wash the underbody of your car:
• Due to the construction of a vehicle with most of the underbody being wide open, most salt damage occurs underneath the car and as a result can be difficult to detect visually.
• This rotting or corrosion can harm the car’s exhaust and muffler systems, coil springs and the frame of the car.
• Be sure to visit a carwash that offers an underbody wash
• Road salt makes is hard to avoid in the winter, so be sure to visit a car wash frequently during the winter months to help battle salt’s detrimental effects
To learn more, visit www.crewcarwash.com or follow them on Twitter: @Crew_Carwash.